Who Is Cherie Kurarangi Kara Sweeney?

Cherie Sweeney

Cherie Sweeney
Star Now

Saturday 24 March 2012

Nark and Cherie Sweeney, were NOT Transparent concerning their proposed " Merger" with Mr Pere.

Kia ora everyone,

I hope your weekend was enjoyable sharing times with close friends, family or simply spending time out being in ones own space. I have been in talks with Cherie who founded N.A.R.K a very courageous woman who became the mouth piece for many children who could not be heard. I have decided to merge S.A.V.N (NZ) with N.A.R.K and together be the driving force in 'Eradicating Violence in New Zealand. The 'Social Services Sector' needs restructuring. S.A.V.N (NZ) new educational concepts and the Networks founding principles about 'How to Eradicate Violence' with the the support of N.A.R.K would only generate positive change for all. Thank you for continuing to support the Network. Please indicate if you feel I need to re look at my decision...The merge will slowly but gradually take shape...take care everyone and be safe...jpere

 ·  ·  · March 18 at 8:45pm · 


    • Jodi Wilkins If this is your Mission statement "'Breaking Cycles of our Past' Halting Violence throughout Aotearoa/New Zealand by utilising the Networks resources and forming a strong collaborative group with one purpose. Strive for a Violent/Abuse free country." Why would you want to be colaborating anything with Cherie Sweeny who's husband is a "MONGREL MOB" member and a life she is well entrenched in ????? We all know the culture of the Mongrel Mob which promotes Violence and Crime which I would think totally goes against your ethos ? If you do go ahead with this "merge" I will be unliking this page just like I did on Cheries when I found this info out. I suppose it was Peter George who initiated this ???
      March 18 at 8:59pm ·  ·  5

    • Angie Philp be deleting aswell Jodi Wilkins for sure..
      March 18 at 9:12pm ·  ·  2

    • Survivors of Abuse and Violence Network-NZ It is more than likely most gang members, Black Power, Mongrel Mob, White Supremacy Groups were abused themselves. We have to presume they survived the abuse by joining a group such as a gang. Usually because they felt unwanted by there own family which is another form of abuse as I am sure you would agree. Breaking the Cycles of our past is also breaking the way how we think about gangs, but look at the individuals and why they chose that path in the first place. If we had to listen to each New Zealand gang member they would have heart wrenching stories. We need only to listen to what they have to say. Most cases Jodi they need to know someone anywhere cares even though there environment definitely differs from mine I do care. I posted my reasoning for Mr. George, you can of course revisit. 'Breaking the cycles of our Past' if you unlike the link the cycle will still continue. Hopefully I have made you see another perspective, if not, please take care Jodi and be safe : ) I need you as much as we need each other..jpere
      March 18 at 9:24pm ·  ·  1

    • Jodi Wilkins There is no denying that might well be the case that they were abused when they were children but once we are adults we can make choices to stop the cycle of abuse and joining a gang and choosing to stay in that gang in which the culture supports and promotes crime and violence is NOT OK !! Geezus when are we going to say enough is enough with all this gang bullshite. Stop making exuses for people that use there "victim status " to make criminal choices ok !!!
      March 18 at 9:31pm ·  ·  4

    • Survivors of Abuse and Violence Network-NZ Yes. You are totally correct, but together and as a fighting unit with an ultimate collaborative with other groups we are in a powerful position to help the very ones you are talking about. Give them the tools why violence is NOT OK, provide them the tools so they can say to themselves 'enough is enough', Give them the tools so they can stop making 'excuses' which prohibits them from moving forward, Give them the tools so they are never again seen as the 'victim'. Together Jodi we can
      March 18 at 9:45pm ·  ·  1

    • Survivors of Abuse and Violence Network-NZ ‎'Break the Cycles of our Past'

    • Jodi Wilkins Totally agree with what you are saying above. Yes the tools to combat violence and abuse are very much needed . But whilst Cherie and her husband are so entrenched in the Mob lifestyle I don't feel like they are the advocates needed to speak up for our most vunerable against violence. It seems a bit a hypocritical to me. Make a choice...either the Mongrel Mob or be an advocate for Child Abuse. Anyway there are "other" issues surrounding Cherie and Nark that have put me off her as well that I don't want to go into on your page. Perhaps you cld head over to the page " Cherie Nark (show NZ the money)" and form your own opinion like I did.
      March 18 at 9:55pm ·  ·  2

    • Survivors of Abuse and Violence Network-NZ Oh I see. Thank you Jodi : ) Will make contact with N.A.R.K I had the assumption it was now a structured working entity.
      March 18 at 10:18pm ·  ·  2

    • Survivors of Abuse and Violence Network-NZ I will be retracting a merge with N.A.R.K, as a Majority have indicated it would not be at this point in time a wise decision, but YOU have also indicated S.A.V.N (NZ) could work alongside N.A.R.K. on other projects. Regards - jpere

    • Pania Tulia Hi Johnathan ..just reading the above posts ..and I also had a look at the page Jodi had suggested. I have also noted your last comment where you will be retracting a merge with N.A.R.K. My thoughts are that is a wise move. As you are building networks and finding your feet I believe it would be inappropriate to become involved or aligned with a group that is under such scrutiny. I'm not sure who has indicated that S.A.V.N (NZ) could work alongside N.A.R.K on other projects..but I question whether or not you want the Network to be associated with the scandal it appears to bring with it.
      March 19 at 9:11pm ·  ·  3

    • Pete George Johnathon, if you want to know more about this I'm happy to meet and talk. It's been a bit ugly but there's a lot more to it than one Facebook page.

    • Pete George Jodi, I see you've mentioned me herei - I've met Johnathon and communicated a little with him but not at all on this, making assumptions like you have is not a good idea, far too many have been way off the mark.

    • Survivors of Abuse and Violence Network-NZ Kia ora Pania, I am totally loyal to my Network and everyone who is part of it...You guys are my Boss, I cannot do anything without your support which is why I post everything, I do, I say, and who I meet. Being transparent is best.....N.A.R.K is definitely in a bad situation, and I have been advised to distance myself. But in saying so as we both do similar work we are bound to cross paths. I can only wish her and N.A.R.K the very best because with this type of work building positive relationships is what I strive for. What I will be suggesting if we do bump into one another is give her some advice about ways to 'make the right choices' it would be fair of me to do this, as I am also providing this to every other New Zealander either they be founders/ directors/ macdonalds workers / from all ethnic backgrounds, cultural or religious beliefs.
      March 19 at 9:53pm ·  ·  1

No comments:

Post a Comment