Who Is Cherie Kurarangi Kara Sweeney?

Cherie Sweeney

Cherie Sweeney
Star Now

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Statements from Katrina Crews and Caro Cragg, Ex Board Members.

Katrina and Caro Ex Nark Members

by Cherie Nark NZ (Show NZ the Money!) on Saturday, 3 March 2012 at 12:41 ·

This page was brought to my attention as my name has been used here. It was also stated that I know the person that admins this page. I don’t know who you are and I had no idea of this page until quite recently. I wish to clarify a few things so as to dispel any gossip about them. 1. The tshirts were available for pre-order.. we did not have the funds to purchase them without a minimum order being placed. They were only on offer because the reps from the toy for love event requested them to wear on the day so one of them organised a great price from a family member who did screenprinting. This was all organised with Cherie’s knowledge through facebook pm’s of which I have copies of. So people began placing orders and depositing funds into NARK’s interim account (one set up by Jimmy Boswell of which only he had access to). As the tshirt company was apparently just down the road from Mr Boswell he volunteered to be the tshirt coordinator. He would invoice, pay for and distribute the tshirts. I have records of this also. I emailed him the quote and a spreadsheet of those wishing to order, and he was to invoice the purchasers and told me he had ordered a sample shirt from the printing company and that the rest of the shirts would be a week away from being distributed. It became apparent after receiving emails and messages that after a few weeks that people still had not received their shirts. Mr Boswell explained that he had been ill and had some losses in his family etc.. so this was explained to members and also to Cherie in facebook messages. We were both concerned he had too much on his plate. Mr Boswell told me that the shirts would be distributed the following Monday.. then the following Thursday.. this went on for some time with many excuses etc. At a Finance meeting with Mr Boswell it was revealed that he infact had not paid the invoice as he had found a different supplier, but had not contacted or ordered shirts thru that supplier either. Roberta Karangaroa and Caro Cragg were also present at this meeting. Caro was to arrange for the purchase of these shirts and to take over distribution. She purchased these with her own funds and was to be reimbursed when Mr Boswell had transferred funds into the New Official Account with appropriate signatories etc as voted by the interim members of the board.2. NARK funds… all were tied up in an interim account of which Mr Boswell had full control. Cherie opened another account at her local bank in Ngarawahia which he was to transfer the money in to. He did not transfer the funds into that account. It was realised at the financial meeting that Cherie would be at risk if the funds were placed in that account as it did not have the correct signatories so it was decided to open a proper account by the newly appointed treasurer and with elected signatories. He did not transfer the funds into the New Official Account opened by the treasurer either. This went on for some time with many excuses and legal advice being sought to retrieve the funds. Eventually a deposit of $1000 was made but this was not enough to cover the arrears of Cherie’s internet connection (something that was also voted on and agreed to be paid for by the interim board) and the tshirt invoice. Caro decided against filing the invoice until the funds were available to pay it. I have been assured by Roberta Karangaroa that the Nark funds have been recovered. So up until the date I resigned.. nark funds had not been used for anything as no one had access to any of it other than Mr Boswell who unfortunately did not use it to pay for the original tshirt invoice or use it in any other way. AT NO TIME did Cherie have access to those funds donated to the nark interim account. She did not misuse those funds.I hope that clears that up for you all what happened after I resigned I have no knowledge of. 

Like ·  · about an hour ago

  • 3 people like this.
    • Caro Cragg 
      Thank you Katrina, now you all have had a statement from both Katrina and myself. Please note I personally have no interest and will not comment publicly again on this matter. I believe in finding a way of supporting families and stopping child abuse. This is a major focus in life, Every org out there spreading the word brings knowledge to the public to fight this terrible scurge of abuse. While I accept all your queries and I have personal thoughts on the matter, please think about the children when driving a very public campaign on this page.

      Caro Cragg
    •  I have no interest in any complaints on the matter of Nark, my resignation along with 7 others was made on the 8th Jan 2012. The only interest I had in the tshirt issue was trying to resolve the fact that shirts had been ordered in Aug /Sept when Jimmy Boswell was the person in charge of funds and paying for shirt orders as the funds were going to an account he set up for Cherie .He never ordered the shirts. I was not involved , all shirt orders where sent to him. I then made a personal arrangment to sort shirts out, I will not discuss more about this part of the matter I resigned as Interim Treasurer ( elected Nov 2011)and Trustee (Aug 2011) on 8th Jan 2012 due to dissatisfaction of the way things were going, lack of transparency on a lot of matters and personal convictions.All financial statments of account managed by myself and finance team, being three deposits into an account from my time as treasurer where published publicly, accepted and passed. That is all I have to say on this matter. I will say I am tired of the fact that although I accept there are valid questions people want answered, all this gossip, a lot of incorrect info and innuendo is very damaging to the cause of child abuse.
      13 hours ago · Like ·  2

No comments:

Post a Comment